Saturday, April 28, 2007

Runescape Items Databases

Zybez have recently launched a new runescape items database to complement their market priceguide and their shop database. This latest introduction adds a large amount of information to the overall help site and can be compared to the offerings of other sites.

On my own site, I still need to get some specific databases designed and implemented to add much greater usefulness to the site. However, currently there is no rush on developing one as there are several runescape item databases on multiple different fan sites. If I get around to it, I would be looking at doing it a bit different so that all the factual information was included but also some additional information. At this stage there are simply too many other things to get done.

Anyway, with the latest items database currently in beta stages, it will be interesting on how this works out compared to other established item databases. One thing runescape seems to love is to have many virtually redundant items that serve little or no purpose. I wonder if Jagex just want to see how many people will fill their bank with junk.

Back to runescape item databases. I have checked around a few of the top runescape fan sites and have listed some of the item databases that virtually provide information on every item in runescape that exists. Obviously each database will also be updated when new items are introduced.

A reference list for runescape items database:

The above list is some that I cam across and I know it is not an extensive list of runescape item databases, however, it covers the largest and most popular sites that have an RS Item database. If anyone has a site that also has a decent sized item database, I guess I can include it on this list - afterall, it can only help people if they see what is available as people may prefer one style of database over the other.

Eventually I will look at getting some individual databases on my own site to cover various aspects - including an items database. For now, I just thought I might as well list the more known about information sources as it is relevant to the runescape market - afterall, it is items that are traded that predominantly make up the marketplace.

All runescape items will have been included at some stage in some of the databases and this enables players to browse through the lists and check what might be worthwhile merchanting or what the normal steady prices for some items are. Item databases will therefore be very beneficial to help with making money in runescape as well as preventing price scams.

No comments: